Everett Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney
Automobile Accident Lawyers in Everett, Washington
Each and every year, millions of people are injured in motor vehicle accidents, whether in a passenger vehicle, a truck, a motorcycle, a bicycle, a bus, or even as a pedestrian. These collisions range in severity from relatively minor, to more serious, to catastrophic. Generally speaking, those riding a motorcycle, bicycle, or those walking are most likely to receive severe injury when struck by a vehicle, along with those in passenger vehicles that are struck by a large commercial truck. Whatever your particular situation, it is important that you seek experienced legal assistance after a motor vehicle accident.
The Kadish Twersky Law Firm brings more than 65 years of combined legal experience helping the public with motor vehicle accidents and their aftermath. We are well known, highly experienced motor vehicle lawyers in Everett, WA, King, Snohomish, and Skagit Counties. We are known for being positive and supportive during traumatic times, helping our clients through the claims and litigation process, and working tirelessly to achieve an equitable settlement for our clients.
Kadish Twersky recently merged with Palace Law, adding experience, knowledge, and important legal skills to our team. At Kadish Twersky, we represent real people—just like you—against insurance companies who may not want to pay what your claim is worth, as well as against powerful corporations and governmental agencies. Our goal at Kadish Twersky Law Firm is to recover all the damages you need and deserve after being injured in a motor vehicle accident.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents Handled by Kadish Twersky
The Kadish Twersky lawyers handle a wide variety of motor vehicle accidents. We have you covered, whether you are involved in a car accident, a motorcycle accident, a pedestrian accident, a drunk driving accident, a bicycle accident, a bus accident, or a taxicab or rideshare accident. We understand that you have questions following your motor vehicle accident, and we will comprehensively answer those questions, carefully explaining your options. The motor vehicle accidents we handle at Kadish Twersky include:
- Car Accidents—You are likely to be involved in a number of car accidents throughout your life. Hopefully, the majority of these accidents will be minor bump-ins, with no serious injuries. If you are seriously injured, you cannot depend on an insurance company to pay you what your claim is worth—to pay you enough to cover your lost wages and medical expenses, as well as other damages. The Kadish Twersky attorneys will fight for your rights.
- Truck Accidents—You are at a severe disadvantage in a passenger vehicle when you collide with a large commercial truck. Truck accident claims can be complex due to a number of different potential defendants. You need a highly experienced truck accident attorney to ensure you are not taken advantage of following your truck accident.
- Motorcycle Accidents—When you are involved in a motorcycle accident, you are likely to receive severe, even catastrophic injuries. You may require years of medical treatments and rehabilitative therapies—the Kadish Twersky attorneys will make sure you receive the services you are entitled to receive.
- Pedestrian Accidents—Like a motorcyclist, as a pedestrian involved in a car accident, you may have received extremely serious injuries, including traumatic brain injury, spinal injury, or internal injuries. Our attorneys will ensure you receive the medical treatments you need, as well as the financial compensation you are entitled to receive.
- Drunk Driving Accidents—Being hit by a drunk driver can leave you with severe injuries. You deserve compensation from the liable driver. If the driver is convicted of drunk driving, your claim becomes immediately more viable; we will fight for your rights, no matter the situation.
- Bicycle Accidents—Bicyclists, like motorcyclists and pedestrians, have virtually no protection when they are struck by a vehicle, other than possibly a helmet. If you are a bicyclist who was injured in a motor vehicle accident, contact Kadish Twersky today.
- Bus Accidents—While bus accidents are not nearly as common as truck, car, motorcycle, bicycle, bus, or pedestrian accidents, they do occur. If you are involved in a bus accident, you may be facing a governmental entity, which has different rules. We can help you obtain the compensation you are entitled to receive following your bus accident.
- Taxi/Uber Accidents—While rideshare accidents are relatively new, and taxicab accidents are not particularly common, they do occur. It can be difficult to know what to do following a taxicab or rideshare accident; the Kadish Twersky attorneys can help you choose the right course of action.
Texting and Driving in Washington State
In the state of Washington, it is against the law to hold your cell phone while you are driving. You are allowed to use your cell phone if you are using a hands-free system and can start using the phone with a single touch of your finger. You may also use your cell phone if your car is parked, or out of the way of traffic, or if you are contacting emergency services. Distracted driving is a serious issue across the United States. Far too many drivers eat entire meals while they are driving, fiddle with car controls or radio controls, attempt to set their GPS, talk on the phone, or text while they are driving.
Another dangerous form of distracted driving occurs when parents of younger children turn completely around while driving to pick up a sippy cup or toy, or to see what the children are doing. The Washington Traffic Safety Commission estimates that 30 percent of all crash fatalities in the state are due to distracted driving, and 23 percent of all serious crashes in Washington are the result of distracted driving. Drivers are three times as likely to be involved in a crash while talking on their cell phone—and a full 70 percent of observed distracted drivers in the state were using a cell phone.
Factors Involved in Washington Road Accidents
As with motor vehicles anywhere in the United States, there are a myriad of reasons for their occurrence. Distracted driving is a primary cause of accidents, as is fatigued or drowsy driving. The vast majority of car accidents are preventable, caused by the negligence, carelessness, or recklessness of one or more drivers. In turn, this leads to serious, sometimes tragic consequences.
Other causes of Washington road accidents include exceeding the speed limit, aggressive driving behaviors (tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic), and impaired driving. Impaired driving is a serious issue in Washington, just as it is across the nation. Drunk drivers may not only face criminal penalties, but they may also face civil lawsuits for negligence filed by injured motorists and their families.
How Kadish Twersky Can Help Following Your Motor Vehicle Accident
If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, as soon as you have seen to your injuries, it is important that you contact an experienced motor vehicle accident attorney. The knowledgeable motor vehicle accident attorneys at Kadish Twersky can help you through this difficult time. We will fight for your compensation to ensure your medical expenses related to the accident are fully covered, that your lost wages are fully covered, and that your pain and suffering is fully covered. Do not wait, hoping the insurance company will offer you a good settlement, which will fully cover your damages—this is highly unlikely. Contact Kadish Twersky today for experienced legal representation in Washington State.